DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE VERSION
- The Galt Museum & Archives requires all Renters to have host
liability [event] insurance:
a. If more than 60 people will be present at the event and
no alcohol will be served:
b. If alcohol will be served:
c. If you already have event insurance, proof of insurance
will be required to waive the insurance fees.
- No post-dated cheques will be accepted by the Galt Museum &
Archives for payment for an event.
- Decorating: The Galt is first and foremost a Museum and Archives.
- Wild flowers [live flowers are only allowed if they are obtained from
a professional florist]
- Hanging of decorations, etc. from the ceiling
- Attaching decorations to the windows or walls
- Arches and other stand alone decorations
- CSA approved electric mini lights and other electricity-dependent
décor [there are many electric outlets available]
Please note that setting up decorations prior to your event is done as
per the schedule agreed upon by you and the Facility Booking Coordinator
at the Galt Museum & Archives. Set up for weddings will be done from
8:30 am through 10:00 am.
The Galt Museum & Archives will not be able to provide you with any
tools or supplies so please ensure you bring everything you may need.
18-foot Christmas tree will be in place in the Viewing Gallery from NOV
- Food and beverages are not allowed, in any circumstances, in the
- Access to the exhibit area is only allowed if proper fees are
paid as per the fee schedule. If you require guided tour service, this
must be requested with at least 14 days notice so that a guide can be
- Parking is allowed in the Museum parking lot on the north side
of building. Please do not allow your guests to use the east parking
lot, as it is reserved for staff of the Pemmican Lodge.
- Entrance doors to the Galt Museum & Archives are
not allowed to be propped open at any time during an event.