Get Outta Town Bus Tours with Red Arrow presents: Calgary Seedy Saturday Bus TourFrom March 18th 2017 @ 8:00 am to March 18th 2017 @ 5:30 pm
Sat MAR 18
Presented by the Galt Museum & Archives, in collaboration with the Lethbridge and District Horticultural Society.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW! $75.00 + GST for an extra special experience.
To register please call 403-320-3954
This spring, travel in comfort with our bus tour partner Red Arrow Motorcoach to Calgary’s Seedy Saturday, which celebrates open-pollinated seeds. The heart of Seedy Saturday is the swapping and sale of seeds or other propagation material for public-domain plant cultivars that have been preserved or developed by individuals or families. These are variously described as landraces, folk varieties, farmer varieties and heritage seed. Calgary Seedy Saturday helps maintain irreplaceable genetic diversity by offering non-hybridized, non-GMO varieties of seeds.
Tickets will be available January 3, 2017—minimum 12 required for tour to run.
Payment required at time of registration.
• Includes transportation, admissions, breakfast pastries, lunch and beverages.
• Educational information will be presented during the trip to Calgary
• Seedy Saturday includes a number of 45-minute presentations and 75+ exhibitors
• Seeds and plants available for sale.
• Must be able to stand and walk at a gentle pace for 2 hours at a time.
• Call Janae at 403.320-4700 to discuss mobility or dietary concerns before purchasing tickets.
• Calgary Seedy Saturday website: http://www.calgaryseedysaturday.ca/
Please meet at the Galt Museum. The main doors (north entrance) will open at 7:30 am to check-in at the front desk. Pastries and coffee/tea will be set out for your enjoyment. The bus will start loading at 7:45 am and will leave at 8 am. We will return to the Galt at 5:30 pm.